Lisa Fitzpatrick DrOT, CHT, CAES is the Owner/Founder of XcelABLE (Ergo Links Inc). She has her post-professional doctorate degree in occupational therapy with a focus on disability management and return-to-work services. She has presented nationally on disability management, ergonomics, and functional capacity evaluations. She is part of the International FCE Society.
About Dr. Lisa Fitzpatrick DrOT, CHT, CAES
11/2000-present XcelABLE (Ergo Links Inc.) Nationwide President/CEO
- Founder of company that provides return-to-work services and injury prevention services nationwide.
- Perform functional capacity evaluations and train therapists on FCE protocols
- Certified trainer with JTECH on FCE System
- Provide expert witness testimony, case reviews, chart reviews, consultation, and occupational analyses on musculoskeletal disorders specifically related to upper extremity, ergonomics, and disability
- Complete research on ergonomic design of medical equipment and office equipment
- Consult in design of medical equipment and ergonomic design of office/manufacturing equipment.
11/07-2/09 UCSD San Diego Hand therapist
- Directly responsible for treating patients with hand/upper extremity injuries.
1997-2000 Health South Southern Florida Hand therapist/Manager
- Directly responsible for treating patients with hand or upper extremity injuries.
- Managed over hand clinic by overseeing care provided by additional clinicians and students and completing all accounting duties.
1998-1999 Nova Southeastern University Florida Graduate Assistant
- Co-taught therapy courses to entry-level master occupational therapy students.
- Completed research in ergonomics for both office and dental settings.
1995-1997 Dr. Daniel Labs Naples, FL Hand therapist/Manager
- Managed hand clinic directly associated with plastic surgeon/hand surgeon office in Naples, Florida and developed all policies and procedures for running clinic.
- Directly responsible for patient evaluation and treatment and for overseeing care and treatment provided by other clinicians.
1993-1995: Various locations in the US Traveling therapist
- Clinical therapist for completing evaluations and providing/overseeing direct patient care
- Provided off-site job analyses and workmen’s compensation evaluations for industrial and office workers
- Certified Hand Therapist
- Certified Associate Ergonomist
- Certified Ergonomist Associate Specialist
- Certified Functional Capacity Evaluator
- Occupational Therapist-California
- 2011-May 2016 Nova Southeastern University Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post-professional Doctorate Degree in Occupational Therapy
- 1998-2000 Nova Southeastern University Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Graduate Courses towards Clinical Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (30 + credit hours)
- 1989-1993 Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, MI
Bachelor of Science in Occupational therapy
- Minor in Psychology
Graduated Cum Laude
- 2017: Nominated for Athena Award for Start-up in Technology
- 2016: International FCE Organization (Founding members)
- 2009-2010Secretary-International Association of Rehab Professionals/California (2009-2011)
- Fitzpatrick, L (2016). Doctoral Capstone Project: Grip Strength as a Predictor of Work Ability: A scoping review: Nova Southeastern University
- Fitzpatrick, L (2011). No quick fix for dealing with pain. TDIC Newsletter.
- Fitzpatrick, L. (2011). Diagnosing a patient as a faker. Today in OT.
- Broering, L. (2006). Three Steps to Minimizing Hand Injuries in Dentistry. Privileges Newsletter.
- Broering, L. (2005, October 1) Science of Ergonomics: Improving Performance and Preventing Injury. Women’s Dental Journal.
- Broering, L. (2005). Can Improper Fitting of Surgical Loupes contribute to back pain? Privileges Newsletter.
- Broering, L & Murray, D. (2004-2005, Winter). Ergonomics to Economics. Sidekick, p. 28-30.
- June 2017: International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals: Presentation on Functional Capacity Evaluations. Newport Beach, CA
- September 2016: International FCE Symposium: Presentation on Grip strength and work ability. Amsterdam, Netherlands
- March 8, 2016: Research Methodology. Ruskin, FL
- March 15 & 16, 2014: Functional Capacity Certification Seminar-Instructor. Los Angeles, CA
- November 11, 2012: Good Posture, Bad Posture, and Ergonomic Modifications for Dental Professionals. Concord Dental Society, Concord, NH
- October 5, 2012: Ergonomics and Dental Care Worker, Midmark Meeting, Versailles, Ohio
- August 17, 2012: Biomechanics of Motion and Importance Of Stretching for Injury. Monterey Dental Society, Monterey, CA
- May 4, 2012: Good Posture, Bad Posture, Ergonomics and the Dental Practitioner, California Dental Association Meeting. Anaheim, CA
- April 19, 2012: Ergonomic Presentation: Midmark Dental Corporation: Versailles, OH
- August 25, 2011: Ergonomics Presentation: Sonoma Dental Society, Monterey, CA
- May 3, 2010: Ergonomics and FCEs: San Diego Hand Therapy Society, San Diego, CA
- May 10, 2010: Risk, Pain, Profitability: CDA Dental Society, Anaheim, CA
- May 21, 2009: Importance of ergonomics in disability claim management: DRMS: Portland, ME
- May 20, 2009: Ergonomic Training: Henry Schein, Milwaukee, WI
- April 30, 2009: Importance of ergonomics in disability claim management: Berkshire Life, Berkshire, MA
- February 18, 2009: Ergonomic Training: Henry Schein, Milwaukee, WI
- January 26, 2009: Ergonomics for Disability Insurance Companies: Guardian Insurance. Bethlehem, PA
- December 5th, 2008: Change: Necessary for Success/Necessary for Survival: Bishop Ranch Conference Center: San Ramon, CA
- May 16, 2008: Ergonomics as part of the return to work process: National International Association of Rehab Professionals: Beverly Hills, CA
- February 29, 2008: Change: Necessary to Survive and Necessary to Succeed: Eastern New Mexico Dental Society: Ruidoso, New Mexico
- February 20, 2008: Ergonomics and the Disability Management Process: Guardian Insurance Company: Bethlehem, PA
- January 29, 2008: Ergonomics As Part of the Return to Work Process: Unum Provident Insurance Company: Worcester, MA
- January 28, 2008: Ergonomics As Part of the Return to Work Process: Mass Mutual Insurance Company, Enfield, CT
- November 9, 2007: Dentistry and Ergonomics: Is it necessary to change? Lincoln Hospital GPR Resident Group: Bronx, NY
- March 8, 2007: Risk, Pain, Profitability: Western Regional Dental Society: Phoenix, AZ
- September 2006: Posture and Pampering Lecture: San Diego Dental Society, San Diego, CA
- July 2006: Change and Survival: Orange County Dental Society: Orange, CA
- May 26, 2006: Ergonomics and the Health Care Worker, US Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Services
- May 2006: Ergonomics in Dental Care: Why should you implement ergonomics into your practice: USC Dental School: Los Angeles, CA
- April 26, 2006: Risk Pain and Profitability: District of Columbia Dental Society: Washington D.C.
- March 2006: Why, what, when, where, how?: Arizona Dental Meeting: Phoenix, AZ
- February 2006: What components make a product ergonomically correct?: Pelton and Crane/KaVo Training: National Sales Meeting: Huntington Beach, CA
- January 2006: A proper ergonomic set-up in the dental operatory: LVI Institute: Washington D.C.
- January 2006: Ergonomics and dental equipment: Sirona National Sales Meeting: Charlotte, NC
- May 12, 2005: Risk, Pain, and Profitability: 140th Annual Charter Oak Dental Meeting. Connecticut
- March 2005: Dental Ergonomics: Livonia, Michigan
- March 2005: Pain in Dentistry: Ergonomic changes for a more productive dental office: Mars, PA
- January 1, 2005: Risk, Pain, and Profitability: Dallas County Dental Society: Dallas, TX
- November 6, 2004: Table Clinic Presentation: New England Dental Society: Massachusetts.
- July 2004: Ergonomics in Dentistry: Sullivan Schein National Sales Meeting: Boca Raton, FL
- May 2003: Benefits of Implementing Ergonomic Practices: Unum Provident: Worcester, MA